Saturday, March 7, 2015

My Culinary Bucket List

Hi there! Let me tell you a little about myself.

While I have always enjoyed cooking, I didn't really come to love it until my late thirties or early forties. My mother loved to cook, but my father was not an adventurous eater, so we always had comfort food. This is what I still do well. Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, chicken pot pie, pot roast, etc.

But over the years I have watched enough cooking shows on TV and read enough culinary magazines and cookbooks that I have developed a long list of things that I not only want to try to make, but to perfect. If a recipe doesn't work out the first time, I will always assume that the fault lies with me. And like the Energizer Bunny, I'll keep going, and going, and going until I get it right.


This will not be the blog of a chef, or even an expert home cook. There will not be pretty pictures of the process. I am a messy cook and don't have a fancy camera set up. I have a twenty year old electric range, a ten year old KitchenAid mixer, and a couple of really good knives.

So, dear reader, if you have recipe that you think that I should try, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment